The site of “St Methodius Hill” is in the southeastern part of the town of Uherské Hradiště, called Sady (previously Derfle), close to the road towards Kunovice, on the Sady promontory. In 1959-1963, archaeological research was carried out here under the direction of Vilém Hrubý (from the Moravian Museum in Brno). The remains of an unfortified settlement, which was ecclesiastical and powerful in nature, from the period of the Great Moravian Empire were discovered.
The Great Moravian site in Sady has been protected as a cultural monument since 1963 and as a National Cultural Monument since 1969. The site is freely accessible and equipped with information boards and street furniture. Religious services and cultural events are occasionally held here.