Nový Přerov

Position

The wine municipality of Nový Přerov lies near the border with Austria, about 15 km to the east of Mikulov.

History

The municipality was originally located where the village of Alt Prerau (Czech: Starý Přerov) is today on the Austrian side of the border. The original Starý Přerov was first mentioned in written records in 1350, during the Czech-Hungarian Wars in the 15th century it was abandoned for an entire century. Towards the end of 1570, Nový Přerov was established on the new place, and it was inhabited by Croats, who remained there until the mid-20th century. After World War II, the locals moved to North Moravia and the municipality was resettled by re-emigrants from Bulgaria.

Sights

The most important historic building is the Church of Archangel Michael, rebuilt in the late 17th century from an original chapel from 1600. The Church has a preserved Baroque core from the end of the 17th century and there is an interesting stone Cross of Christ inside.

Nature

On the northern edge of the municipality, there is some remaining halophytic vegetation. This includes protected species: Plantago Maritima and Dandelion (Taraxacum bessarabicum). On the hill called Přerovský vrch and the ‎hillock called Lange Wart close to the Austrian border, notable examples of steppe vegetation with protected thermophilic flora were preserved.

Služby v obci

Informace o projektu: „Cielené školenia, kurzy a tvorba spoločných marketingových produktov - podpora rastu cestovného ruchu v cezhraničných regiónech“
Freepoint - internet za 250 Kč (bez DPH) měsíčně
jantarová stezka
Projekt je spolufinancován z prostředků Evropské Unie
This project is co-financed by the European Union
Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj a Zlínským krajem