Klentnice

Position

The wine municipality of Klentnice lies on the foothill of the Stolová hora in the Protected Landscape Area of Pálava, about 5 km to the north of Mikulov.

History

The area of the municipality has been settled almost constantly since the Bronze Age. The most important archaeological locality is Tabulová hora and Kotel, which are protected as archaeological sites. The name of the municipality indicates original Slavic settlement and is derived from the noun proper - Klement. The garbled German variation of Glempitz was recoded in writing in 1332. The original Slavic people were decimated by wars in the borderland and in the 13th century German colonists arrived. Throughout its existence, the village belonged to the Mikulov manor.

Sights

The most important monument is the ruin of the castle called Sirotčí hrad (also Růžový hrad or Weisenstein), towering over the village, from the turn of the 13th and 14th century. Listed monuments also include a wayside shrine on the road to Pavlov, the Church of St. George (Czech: Sv. Jiří) and a statue of St. Florian and John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký). The present day appearance of the Church of St. George comes from 1783–1785, but it was consecrated already in 1582. Its decoration is partly a work of a known artist Ondřej Schweigl.

Nature

Klentnice lies in the middle of interesting natural sites. The National Nature Reserve of Děvín-Kotel-Soutěska, Tabulová hora, Růžový vrch and Kočičí kámen extend into its area.

Služby v obci

Do not miss

Informace o projektu: „Cielené školenia, kurzy a tvorba spoločných marketingových produktov - podpora rastu cestovného ruchu v cezhraničných regiónech“
Freepoint - internet za 250 Kč (bez DPH) měsíčně
jantarová stezka
Projekt je spolufinancován z prostředků Evropské Unie
This project is co-financed by the European Union
Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj a Zlínským krajem