The wine municipality of Jevišovka lies about 15 km to the west of Mikulov, on the left bank of the Thaya (Czech: Dyje) river.
Jevišovka originated during the colonization by Germans, in the early 13th century. The first written mention of the village dates back to 1353. At the end of the 14th century, the village was bought by the Lichtenstein family, under whose manor it remained until 1848. During the Czech-Hungarian Wars at the end of the 15th century, the village was abandoned and in the 16th century it was resettled by Croats, like the nearby Nový Přerov and Dobré Pole.
From local sights, it is worth mentioning the originally Gothic Church of St. Cunigunde (Czech: Sv. Kunhuta), which was rebuilt in 1830 and only a tower was preserved from the Gothic building. Another listed monument is a statue of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký) at the Church and a cross at a field path to Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou. In Jevišovka, there are several Croat houses of original folk architecture with rich stucco decorations.
Since 1990, every second Saturday in September, the locals meet to remember the life in their old homeland on the occasion of traditional feasts.