The wine municipality of Dobré pole is situated about 8 km to the west of Mikulov, near the border with Austria.
The village originated within German colonization in the first half of the 13th century and its first mention in written records dates back to 1355. During the Czech-Hungarian Wars at the beginning of the 2nd half of the 15th century, the village was abandoned and re-settled in 1569-1571 by Croats who lived there alongside other colonists of Czech and German origins.
From local monuments, let’s mention the parish Church of St. Cecilia from the 18th century and the statue of St. Florian at the road to Březí, St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký) on the village square, a cross from 1835 at the Church and a chapel in the fields outside the village.
The municipality area also includes interesting natural sites such as the Nature Reserve of Slanisko Dobré Pole and the National Nature Reserve of Dunajovické kopce.