Bavory

Position

The wine municipality of Bavory is situated on the western edge of the Pálava, about 2 km northwest of Mikulov.

History

The municipality of Bavory was founded in the 13th century as a colony village of the Mikulov manor, to which it belonged until 1848. From time immemorial, the residents of Bavory have grown vines in the vineyards below the Pálava hills. Its agricultural and viticultural character has been preserved until the present day.

Sights

The local landmark is the Baroque Church of St. Catherine (Czech: Sv. Kateřina) from 1742, the tower was built in 1791. Monuments listed by the State also include the statue of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký), the chapel at the road from Mikulov to Brno and the wayside shrine at the cemetery. Other landmarks include former Piarist house no. 70, house no. 48 with a porch from the 1st half of the 19th century, exhibition winepress house no. 25 with the statue of St. Anna and wine cellars outside the village.

Nature

From natural sights, the table mountain called Stolová hora is most noteworthy, with the village being situated on its foothill. In the National Nature Reserve of Tabulová, Růžový vrch and Kočičí kámen, the majority of important habitats of the Pálava are present (rocks, rock, turf and meadow steppe and steppe heathland), and there are here many protected species of flora and fauna. Smaller enclaves of thermophilic vegetation are protected within the nature sanctuary of Anenský vrch.

Holiday

The Wine Trail of Mikulov passes through the municipality.

Služby v obci

Informace o projektu: „Cielené školenia, kurzy a tvorba spoločných marketingových produktov - podpora rastu cestovného ruchu v cezhraničných regiónech“
Freepoint - internet za 250 Kč (bez DPH) měsíčně
jantarová stezka
Projekt je spolufinancován z prostředků Evropské Unie
This project is co-financed by the European Union
Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj a Zlínským krajem