The municipality of Zaječí is situated about 14 km to the northeast of Mikulov.
The village was founded at the beginning of the 13th century and colonized by German inhabitants. In 1638, the village was annexed to the Lednice manor. After World War II, German property was confiscated and 913 new settlers, mainly from the closest neighbourhood, moved in.
The Church of St. John the Baptist (Czech: Sv. Jan Křtitel) from 1508 was built in the late Gothic style. After the fire of 1848 and reconstructions, the body was modernized and only a presbytery remained from the old building. On the outer jacket of the Church, there is a gravestone of priest Stanislav Reisinger from 1585 with a Czech inscription. In the centre of the village, there is a sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký) from the 19th century. The chapel from 1710 is dedicated to St. Florian.
Služby v obci
- Disco Brooklyn - Sport bar
- Hotel U Zlaté podkovy
- Jaroslav Kadlec
- Restaurace Venuše
- Vinárna U Mirina
- Vinařství Šabata, sklepy Zaječí
- Vinařství U Kapličky
- Vinařství Zaječí s. r. o.
- Vinný sklep, Bohumil Novák
- Vinný sklep, Ing. Josef Hycl
- Vinný sklep, Ladislav Pálka
- Vinný sklep, Miroslav Pospíšil
- Vinný sklep Svatopluk Herůfek
- Vinný sklep U Krčků