Rakvice

Position

The wine municipality of Rakvice lies in the flat agricultural country, about 18 km to the northeast of Mikulov and 15 km to the northwest of Břeclav.

History

The first written mention of Rakvice dates back to 1248, but earlier settlement was proven by findings of Slavic pottery. Rakvice became known to historians and numismatics due to frequently found coins, with the most famous being the so-called “Rakvice Treasure” from the beginning of the 12th century discovered in 1886.

Sights

The main landmark of the municipality is the Church of St. John the Baptist (Czech: Sv. Jan Křtitel) built around 1700 in the place of the Chapel of St. Andrew (Czech: Sv. Ondřej) demolished in 1604 by the Bocskay. In front of the Church, there is a listed sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký, 1775, by sculptor Tomáš Schweigl) and a Baroque cross (mission cross from 1803 with a cryptogram).

Nature

In the area of the municipality, there is an interesting nature site – the Kutnar pool, and several small sites with halophytic flora.

Služby v obci

Do not miss

Informace o projektu: „Cielené školenia, kurzy a tvorba spoločných marketingových produktov - podpora rastu cestovného ruchu v cezhraničných regiónech“
Freepoint - internet za 250 Kč (bez DPH) měsíčně
jantarová stezka
Projekt je spolufinancován z prostředků Evropské Unie
This project is co-financed by the European Union
Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj a Zlínským krajem