The Village preserve Vlčnov-Kojiny

Vlčnov
významnost: 3
The preserve Vlčnov-Kojiny is formed by the complex of the so called lodges, viniculture structures, pressing shops without a cellar which represent a self-contained area of historically very valuable constructions.

Type of historic sight of cultural facility

Památka lidové architektury, Vesnická památková rezervace a zóna

The Vlčnov lodges are the unique evidence of constructional technology, they were created in the 18th and 19th centuries. They uniquely document south-Moravian viniculture and arboriculture, and the premises serve such a purpose in the present day too.

The first mention of lodges was made in 1544. Mostly the lodges are structures above the ground without cellars. In this way the local lodges are differentiated from wine cellars as we know them from southern areas of Moravian Slovakia. The lodge has only two rooms – in the first room wine is pressed and tasted, in the second room – the rear one – the so called chamber – it is stored. The chamber is only one third the size in comparison with the press shop, and it has only a small window, or it is completely windowless so that there does not come to unnecessary circulation of hot air from outside. Today, there are altogether thirty five lodges. Apart from several solitaires hidden in the area of the village preserve “Stará hora“ in neighbouring Veletiny, the lodges in the track of Kojiny form the only one line – today’s preserve of folk architecture. Under the rule of Emperor Joseph II there were 149 lodges in 1785, while classic cellars only seven.

You will find there also...

  • Za krásou vinných búd Vlčnov
    •  Winery areas •  Winery monuments •  Winery trails and bike paths •  Wine and winery

The nearest destinations around

Informace o projektu: „Cielené školenia, kurzy a tvorba spoločných marketingových produktov - podpora rastu cestovného ruchu v cezhraničných regiónech“
Freepoint - internet za 250 Kč (bez DPH) měsíčně
jantarová stezka
Projekt je spolufinancován z prostředků Evropské Unie
This project is co-financed by the European Union
Ministerstvem pro místní rozvoj a Zlínským krajem